Standard specification for new houses
- Cook Electrical is registered as domestic installers and can supply Part P certificates for domestic installation work. We also have full NiCEIC accreditation so it enables us to carry out Commercial and Industrial work.
- Consumer unit fitted with Mcb’s and two Rcd’s to comply with discrimination of circuits as stated in BS 7671 seventeenth edition.
- Circuits will be split over the two rcd’s
- Cables are calculated for voltage drop and compliance with the regulation
- Second fix fittings unless stated in the quotation will be of a good quality finished in white.
- Lighting circuits suitable low energy light fittings will be provided internally and light fittings externally either low energy or automatically switch off when there is enough daylight to comply with building regulations. Where recessed lights are fitted these will be of a type suitable to meet fire and sound regulations, in the loft areas covers will be installed in order to allow the insulation to cover them.
- Where points for aerials have been asked for, cabling has been allowed for but not the supply or connection of aerials.
- Smoke / Heat detectors to be of grade D design and comply with either LD2 or LD3 system with instructions and certificate issued on completion.
- Ventilation is calculated to provide air changes as required by building regulations, (this may entail larger than normal fans being fitted depending on the length of duct runs). Where ducting passes through un-insulated roof voids insulated ducting will be used. Unless stated no allowance has been made for supplying or fixing of roof slates, and the provision of holes in connection with the extractor fans. Where a fan is installed in Zone 1 unless stated in the quotation an additional charge will apply
- Allowance has been made to wire and connect heating and water heating using controls supplied by others. If an intruder alarm is to be installed we will install the cables, the second fix materials and labour to be supplied and charged direct to the client by others. We can organise for the second fix of the intruder system we use a Nacoss approved installer. Upon completion a full NiCEIC certificate will be issued along with a fire alarm certificate. Proof of compliance with approved document F for ventilation and user instructions for supplied fittings. The electrical installation if it’s a domestic installation will be registered for Part P requirements and include an insurance backed guarantee posted to the property address, should an additional Part P certificate be required this would incur extra charge.
- All work will comply with the current edition of BS 7671 for electrical installations, BS 5839 fire alarm installation, building regulations and NHBC requirements.
- Payment can be made by cheque or by direct transfer our bank details are on our invoice.
- We attend courses in order to keep up with the changing regulations should you require additional information on electrical regulations, electrical building regulations or health and safety in connection with the electrical installation please contact us.